Enter a keyword, year or series number or select a section or agency below.
At the request of the Bishop of Perth, Mother Gonzaga with Mother Aloysius Macken and Mother de Sales Field went to Perth to open a convent and school. Land was purchased in Claremont and an architect engaged (later this land was to be sold). The Sisters returned to Ballarat.
Due to delays in arrangements for building, in January 1897 Lily Healy, a past pupil, found the property in Adelaide Terrace “Albaredo” belonging to the Vanzetti family and available for six months.
Mother de Sales Field and community of six left Mary’s Mount for Perth and opened a day school on 15th February 1897 with two pupils. “The Bracken” in Adelaide Terrace was then purchased.
In 1901 M. Gonzaga Barry bought the Osborne Hotel in Claremont built by James Grave. Boarders from Adelaide Terrace became the first pupils.
In 1937 Adelaide Terrace closed and students transferred to Loreto Nedlands.
Displaying results 1-9
Adelaide Terrace, Claremont and Nedlands Community Lists