Enter a keyword, year or series number or select a section or agency below.
A Loreto Convent was established at ‘Kimendine’ in Cavendish Road, Brisbane, in 1927. Classes began in February 1928. A fortuitous win in the Golden Casket state lottery made the building of the ‘Casket Building’ possible with extended classroom accommodation.
During World War II, sisters and boarders were evacuated to a disused grammar school at Glen Innes, NSW. The Brisbane Convent was used as a convalescent home for servicemen.