Enter a keyword, year or series number or select a section or agency below.
In August 1901 Loreto moved from Randwick to Sydney’s North Shore to “Kanimbla” in Fitzroy Street, Milson’s Point. The restricted space of this house and grounds made it necessary to move to “Fern Hill” in 1902.
In 1907 the larger “Elamang” in Carabella Street was purchased, the deposit paid by Mrs Sarah Heaton, mother of Mother Philomena Heaton. School began at Kirribilli in 1908.
With the steady increase in pupil numbers it was necessary to build and expand. In 1923 the adjoining “Milson’s House” was purchased. In 1929 classrooms, the chapel and tower were built.