Enter a keyword, year or series number or select a section or agency below.
The Loreto Chapel, also known as the Children’s Chapel, was built between 1898 and 1902. Architect, William Tappin and builder, George Lorimer, built it in an English gothic style was French influence.
Building was interrupted through lack of funds but was finally completed with a large bequest from the German Countess Elizabeth Woff-Metternich, who had been a student at the school in 1898. The Countess tragically died on a return visit to her family in Germany.