Enter a keyword, year or series number or select a section or agency below.
Originally ‘St. Georges’, what is now Loreto Mandeville Hall was built around 1867 by Alfred Watson. In 1875 the property was sold to George Hebden who renamed it ‘Athelstane’. In 1876 ‘Athelstane’ was renamed ‘Mandeville Hall’ by the new owner, Joseph Clarke, after his Tasmanian property. Clarke lavishly remodelled the house. The Tremearne family purchased the property and ran a guest house.
In 1924 the property was purchased for a new Loreto Convent, the first students transferring from Albert Park.