Enter a keyword, year or series number or select a section or agency below.
Mother Gonzaga was urged by Mother Mary MacKillop to go to Adelaide and a Loreto Convent at Sydenham Road, Norwood, was established in 1905. This was a day school for two years after which the sisters moved to The Parade, Norwood, to conduct boarding and day school, 1907-1920.
At the end of 1920 the need for more space led to the purchase of ‘The Acacias’, home of Sir Edwin Smith at Marryatville. The school and community moved to Marryatville in 1921. The stables became the school and the drying sheds sleeping accommodation for nuns.