Loreto Justice Network
The Loreto Justice Network (LJN) brings together members from across Loreto Australia and South East Asia to inform and animate our collective Province commitment to social justice.
The Loreto Justice Network is inspired by the words of Pope Francis in Laudato Si to view matters of justice through the lens of ‘integral ecology’, understanding that “everything in creation is interconnected” (LS 138). Pope Francis’ call to take part in a “new dialogue about how we are shaping the future of our planet” (LS 14) underpins our desire to live out our call as Loreto people who seek truth and do justice across our mission and ministries.
The Loreto Justice Network focuses on five Province Justice Priorities:
- The Reality of Human Trafficking | Enter the Action Centre
- Rights of First Nations peoples | Enter the Action Centre
- Refugees and Asylum Seekers | Enter the Action Centre
- Ecological Justice | Enter the Action Centre
- The Rights of Women and Children | Enter the Action Centre
The key methods of our approach are: awareness raising, advocacy and action, underpinned always by our spiritual tools of reflection and discernment.
The Loreto Justice Network draws together the work for social justice across all parts of our Province, prioritises support for Mary Ward International Australia, and engages with our global Mary Ward family through the UN and JPIC offices.
For more information about the Loreto Justice Network please contact the LJN Co-ordinator, Andreia Wigan, follow Loreto Australia and South East Asia on Facebook and view regular justice articles in the Loreto Networker.
For more information about our justice partner agencies, see:
- IBVM/CJ at the UN
- Australian Catholic Religious Against Trafficking in Humans (ACRATH)
- Australian Catholic Social Justice Council
- Catholic Religious Australia (CRA)
- Caritas Australia
- House of Welcome
Feature Image: Loreto Normanhurst students – week without words.