Enter a keyword, year or series number or select a section or agency below.
The Loreto Free Kindergarten, opened in Albert Park in 1912, was one of first Catholic free kindergartens in Victoria and was run by Loreto past pupils. It was opened in the supper room of the Albert Hall, South Melbourne, with Mrs James Alston, sister of Sister Mother Veronica Nolan, as the first President. In 1917 they moved to Cathedral Hall, Fitzroy, and returned to South Melbourne in 1922 to a cottage next to Emerald Hall.
On 12th May 1937 the new building on the old site was opened.
The Loreto Free Kindergarten closed in 1961 and building was subsequently used for the Loreto Commercial College.