Enter a keyword, year or series number or select a section or agency below.
On 10th October 1890 the Foundation Stone for S.S. Peter & Paul’s Parish Primary School was laid by Archbishop Carr. On 26th September 1891, Loreto staffed this parish school with Mother Hilda Benson as Principal. At the opening of the 1892 school year 457 pupils were enrolled.
The school was located on the corner of Bank and Montague Streets, South Melbourne. In the early days sisters travelled from the Convent to S.S. Peter and Paul’s by Bannon’s Cab.
In 1994 four schools – Sacred Heart West St. Kilda, Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Middle Park, S.S. Peter & Paul’s and St. Joseph’s Port Melbourne amalgamated to become the Galilee School housed in the former S.S. Peter and Paul’s and the former St. Joseph’s Technical School.
Displaying results 1-4
Central CatholicTraining College (CCTC)/Dawson Street Training College/SS Peter & Paul’s Account Book