Enter a keyword, year or series number or select a section or agency below.
In 1973, at the request of Bishop Jobst, Mother Antoinette Hayden initiated the Institute’s work in Broome. Sisters Myrene Erdman and Mary-Ellen McCormack went to Broome to begin a community and to work in St. Mary’s Parish School. St. Mary’s had been run by St. John of God Sisters since 1908.
In 1977 the IBVM took over the administration of the school.
In 1992 the administration of schools was passed to the Catholic Education Office in Perth. With the large increase in Broome’s population in the late 1980s the school was moved to a new site by stages during 1989-1994. In April 1992 the CEO in Perth decided that St. Mary’s would be amalgamated with Nulunga College in 1993 with a new Principal. The amalgamation took place in 1995.