Enter a keyword, year or series number or select a section or agency below.
St. Peter Claver’s School in Dulwich, South Australia, was opened in 1920 with Miss Vera Renwick, a past pupil of Loreto Convent, Norwood, in charge. When she left at the end of that year, Miss Connell and the Sisters of St. Joseph ran the school.
In 1925 the Loreto Sisters took over the school and were driven to the school each day by the Jesuit fathers from Norwood and Marryatville.
Mother Carmel Gallivan was in charge, followed by M. Lawrence Lillis and M. Lucy Stansfield in 1933.
The Sisters of St. Joseph returned to the school in 1944 and continued to teach there until 1968.